Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wow! It's been a couple of days... hope all's well!




Silly doodles and dreaming of Paris.... :) I've always had a fascination with antique rod iron... fences, gates, whatever.... if it's old, black, ornate and rusty, I love and simply want to have it! There's just something very striking about the metalwork, in my eyes. Whenever I stumble across a wonderful piece of ornate iron~ which is very often in this historic small town that we live in, I take a photo so that I can scribble those same wonderful lines later on. Although, at times, I've even been caught "camping out" across the street with my sketchbook... *giggles* I enjoy the detail so much! I'm actually working on my next tattoo....ironwork. Go figure.

The quartet of mini frames....Oh, La La!!! These small ~sillies~ along with a few other goodies will be going to the shop~ I read that comment, Melissa... no worries! :) Very simple and sweet~ I just had to get Halloween out of my head real quick. There will be plenty of time to work on the ghoulish. I'm trying really hard to hang on to the last little bit of summer that we have left! Yes, it's still pretty hot, but I cannot be thinking black and orange already! That'll come soon enough... Hugs!

Christina :)

21 comments:

Elyse said...

hi christina!

how fun to sit and sketch and feel artsy. i used to take classes at RISD and would love walking to class with my giant sketch book. your sketches are lovely and so are the mini frames.

happy summer!

xo

Anne said...

Your sketches are nice. Keep up the good work. Such a nice talent to have. I to like to scatch, but it's been many years since I've done that. I to like iron gates. Just something about em.

B Art Z said...

Wow! What great detailed iron work! Your frames are so cute. I may have to steel that idea. :0)
B Art Z

Lisa said...

So with you on the hanging on to summer. I think if it would get a bit cooler I could get into fall/Sept apples etc. But I'm good with summer and flowers and light and airy as it is in the 90's and HUMID!!! I really hope September brings us some nicer weather! (Halloween is fun though!!!)
Hugs, Lisa

blushing rose said...

Christina ~ You are so cute. TY for popping by. Yes today is a much better day for me, TY for asking.

Love you creative works ... the sketches are fantastic ... when we going to gay Pareeeee? Chuckle!

Have a great weekend, sweet friend.
TTFN ~Marydon

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hi sweetie!

LOVE the ironwork...in the front windows at my shop (Yaya) I have a beautiful iron fence with fleur de lis. Of course, I painted mine "teal" because it helps "draw" the ladies into the shop! :)

Have a beautiful & creative week...and all that yaya lovin'! xo...deb

Blueberry Heart said...

Gorgeous little frames - so stylish! You have a skill drawing - my ability never passed junior school level unfortunately!
BH x

Abatevintage said...

Oh those sketches are incredible, you are truly gifted. I would love to sketch but I don't have the blessings of coming up with any off the top of my head. They truly are wonderful.

Have a blessed day.

Cheers,
Heidi

vicki archer said...

Fantastic doodles - how clever, mine never look quite as pretty as that....Enjoy your weekend, xv.

Tara said...

I wish my doodles looked like that! They're usually just circles or my name!

Pam Aries said...

Of course you are dreaming of Paris..we must be twins...for that is my dream destination and I plan ongoing there some how some way!

winnsangels said...

wonderful sketches and frames.

thanks for your visits. hoping you have a great weekend.

bethchien said...

you drew those?? wow!! Those are beautiful!!!!
HAPPY FRIDAY!
B

Jill said...

lovely sketches...and delightful frames!!!
Great job!
Blessings!
Jill

Abatevintage said...

Christina, thank you so much for your kind words, and for visiting me on my blog. Have a blessed day.


Cheers,
Heidi

Martha's Favorites said...

How talented are you? Just to be able to sit down and sketch is amazing. I can't draw myself out of a paper bag. Your work is beautiful. Martha

Anita J. said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by Mud and Coffee. Your work reminds me very much of an old friend's art. Do you read artsycraftsymerchant? Really neat. Look forward to seeing your stuff.

A Fanciful Life said...

Hello,
Thanks for visiting my blog today. Everything on yours is so yummy. Such an appropriate name for it! Love your "doodles"... so pretty.
Cheers,
Sharon

Donna said...

Hi Christina...Thank you for leaving a sweet comment at my place! I love your look as well! You seem to like flowers like I do. Roses, swirls and such. Visit anytime!!

Anonymous said...

I just love your doodles and all of your art is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. I would like to get updated with you new posts as I love to read your blog. Add me to your mailing list if you have any.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin