Saturday, August 8, 2009

Are you ready for this?????????





Well, now that I've made this out to be a totally, won't want to miss, phenomenal post, this may not be that wonderful for some after all...but for me..... whatta jackpot, baby!!!! This morning, I went to a neighbor's yard sale and ran across a tub (yes, I said a TUB~ it's big, like one of those under the bed storage boxes) of bridal cake decorations!!!!! This treasure trove is full of wedding cake toppers, bells, commemorative anniversary numbers, pillars, angels, doves, curly-cue gate~ type thingies, crosses, vintage foil number stickers, etc., and about 10 differently sized bride and groom couples!! Oh, just wait until you see them when I get them unpacked, cleaned up and cute-ified!!! I really can't believe it!!!!! I am SO excited to get these beauties organized and sorted...altered art, here we come! Almost all of the decorations are vintage~there are a couple of newer ones tossed in~ like a hideous, new, gag thing that said "older than dirt", I still have to go through it all. Oh, and you know the sweet ballerina toppers?? I found a huge one inside! That is a real BoNuS!!!! She is sooo sweet... she's already found a spot in my dining room so, sadly, she was left out of the picture... but don't worry, she'll get her spotlight tomorrow! I really can't believe that I have aquired a collection this large- all at once... obviously, someone had a wonderful business at one time. A big thank you and hug to Marianne for allowing me to snag my new toys for only $4.00!!! Big thanks to Kim, also... these were part of her contribution to the sale. I can't remember who it was that was the cakemaker (mother or grandmother) but please know, they have definitley found a good new home. I cherish them so! Can't wait to use them..........in and ON everything~ like my life is just one gi-normous cake!!!! :)
Christina

19 comments:

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Lucky girl! I am glad I found your blog. It's icandy. Ciao Rita

nora said...

You are so LUCKY to have come accross this find at your neighbor's sale. OOOooo the art.

Sherry Goodloe said...

$4.00!?()#_+@ WOW!! You hit the JACKPOT with THAT one!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow, what a score!!! I wanna go to your yard sales. I can't wait to see all the yummy creations you will make with your Jackpot!

Martha's Favorites said...

Wow, what a treasure! Lucky you! I had the same kind of day. You however, got your treasures at a way better price. Good job! So glad I found your blog, it is fun to find another collector of "things". Martha

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. You sound like a kid at Christmas!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a find. I'm just like you. This is the sort of thing that would make my week! Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Claudia said...

Sounds like you hit the motherlode! Congratulations!

debi lynn mattingly said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot!!! I can just see you doing the Yaya dance all over the place :)

Have fun with it all and can't wait to see what you do with all your new loverrly treasures!

xo...deb

Holly said...

Oooh those are so cute! You definitely scored. Now I want to go garage sale-ing. :-)

deb famularo said...

Oh wow, you really DID hit the jackpot!!! damn! Good for you!! Your blog is so cute, I love looking around on here!!
And thank you so much for your kind thoughts, I appreciate that so much!!!!!!!! love deb

Anne said...

What a cute post. I feel your excitement. I'm happy for you. I'm glad you found all of those goodies that you like. Doesn't that just make your day, when you find something you really like?

Diane Mars said...

Oh My goodness what a great vintage find and could it be any perfect for you. Was meant to be (:

Unknown said...

OHHHHH- I can use a lot of these goodies on a LO or mini album!! Lucky!

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Wow! What a wonderful find! Looks like a TON of fun goodies!

Angela Harris said...

WOW!! You have toys for days and days! Can't wait to see some projects!
Thanks for coming to visit me :)

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such a stellar find! I love your enthusiasm over these darling cake decorations. I get really excited like over things that make my hour/day/week/month all the time, too - but rarely do they come at such a fabulous bargain price!


Wishing you a gorgeous Friday!
♥ Jessica

Jolee Jane said...

what treasures!
i would love to see your collection of Bride's and grooms- isnt it exciting to stumble upon a whole sash of vintage treasures!
what a treat;)

Jolee Jane said...

what treasures!
i would love to see your collection of Bride's and grooms- isnt it exciting to stumble upon a whole sash of vintage treasures!
what a treat;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin