Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wedding bells and bluebirds... what a mix!



Well, here is what I've been up to this morning! My~unusual love for wedding decor~ collection has grown and, I still have many wonderful pieces left to create with~~ Woo!!! Can't wait to get that going. This afternoon, I hope to get some projects started, my only problem is, where to begin... so much great new silly stuff to choose from! Have no fear, I'll think of something!

You know, most people don't "get" me and my decorating style... they wonder why I tend to collect such useless and random things. I have a love for collecting and I know exactly what inspires me~as soon as I see it~ and that's why I have such an eclectic home!!! Mix it up, more is more, remember? The biggest and most common remark and question that people ask me when they come into our home is "Wow, so THAT'S what you did with that thing!!!" or "How do you dust all of this stuff???" Ha! The answer... not that often! So, please don't ever zoom in on any of my pics... you'll be sure to catch a glimpse of dustbunnies the size of Connecticut!!!!!!!!! HAhahaha ~~~ jk. :)

15 comments:

Marina Capano said...

Hi! How a u? I love eclectic style!

nice post!

xoxo

Merci-Notes said...

eheheh, too late, i already planned to check out the beautiful bride and grooms that you have! My favorite is the bottom left nest to the dust bunny... oh I mean the "50" anniversary pick. NO just kidding!! It is my favorite but there are NO dust bunnies silly!
Thank you for comming by my blog and good luck tomorrow with the give away! I soo look forward to what you create with all of these goodies!

With Kindness,
Mary

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

Hi!! thanks for popping by for a visit!! What a lovely Collection!! Your blog is delightful I'll be back soon!!
mandii

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Thank you for coming to my blog! You are such a faithful friend! I just love your blog; the colors and little goodies are wonderful!!! You make me want to create something pink and sparkly! Anita

Jerrica said...

I personally love your style! Love you. :)

KBeau said...

Eclectic is great. My eclectic tends more toward a mixture of shabby chic, old world, 18th century, and country. I certainly don't have the collection you do, but I do get fixated on things from time to time.

The Celebration Co. said...

Christina,
THANK YOU FOR VISITING ME AND WISHING ME A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY IT MEANS ALOT...YOU ARE SO CREATIVE I LOVE PEEKING INTO OTHER CREATIVE MINDS IT'S SO REFRESHING...LOVE ALL YOUR WEDDING TOPPERS...BLESSINGS EMILIE

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie: Luuuuuv the wedding toppers....wish I could find ours amid all the boxes. Someday.....maybe by the time our 50th rolls around, God willing!!!Love you. Momska

Tara said...

I say to each her own. Whatever you like in your space is what matters the most. I agree about the dusting, who needs it, LOL!

Unknown said...

Love it all! Funny that you should mention people not "getting" you, just today I was looking at someone else's pics which included cake toppers and Hubby was just too puzzled by it all. Funny!

Chrisy said...

Oh those vintage wedding things are just fantastic...so different...I've noticed some for sale on Etsy.com over your way...and yeah those dust bunnies they multiply like...well..rabbits!

Jill said...

Too fun! more is better in my world too! :)
Blessings!
jill

Terri Kahrs said...

Love, Love, Love anything to do with weddings - especially the vintage cake toppers! You've got a gorgeous collection, and I'm pea-green with envy! LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! It's so nice to hear from you! Good luck in the drawing! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Anne said...

Wow what a neat collection to have. I like it. Thanks for sharing! Hmm. Don't know what your talking about...I didn't see no dustbunnies. =)

Lorraine said...

I can see how you get so many visitors, it's all that lovely stuff you put together (stuff is my favourite word) and I too collect everything, than I take photos, and post sometimes and then sometimes give them away to someone who will love it even more...I hate to leave! so much more I want to see, sigh I'll be back !
ps I now know why you like my photo today, wedding much? if you like it, you can take it lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin